Able To Play Accordion

Home Forums How “THEY” Practice E-Book A Wonderful E-Book – Thank You!

A Wonderful E-Book – Thank You!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phillip Phillip 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Phillip
    Phillip
    Participant

“It’s Your Turn” – Step 5 – pg 21

There were many aspects I enjoyed and benefited from in reading “How THEY Practice.” This read really reinforced for me the concept of slow and accurate practice. This was a common theme throughout the whole book. There were many great analogies used to describe concepts. One in particular I enjoyed was Renzo Ruggieri’s garden analogy. “Imagine a garden with green grass. When you start walking a particular direction, the grass is pressed down along as you walk. When you keep walking that same path, the grass will eventually be packed down creating a solid pathway.”

I was very intriguing in reading about Frederic Deschamps movement strategies. I would be very interested in learning more about this. It didn’t sound like there was a specific way to move based on the reading, but rather how the music moves you. It would be wonderful to maybe see a video tutorial on this?

This was a great read that I will reference often. It will help remind me the difference between practicing and playing. Thank you so very much for a wonderful site and for sharing this awesome resource!

Phil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Able To Play Accordion 
© All rights reserved.